Meta is proud to be part of communities across the globe
We’re committed to playing a positive role and investing in the long-term vitality of the communities in which we operate.
MEATH – ireland
Clonee Data Centre
The Dunboyne Playground and Skatepark is a hub for people to come together, connect and build community. The vision from Dunboyne Playspace Forum was to create an outdoor community space that the entire town can enjoy, both now and as Dunboyne grows. Meta is proud to have supported its upgrade and redevelopment to make it more suitable for all ages and access needs.
- The Dunboyne Playground and Skatepark has dedicated areas for different age groups, including a new teen zone, where teenagers can get together with exercise equipment, a table tennis installation, and “sociable swings” that face each other; a dedicated skate zone for skates, scoots and skateboards; a toddler-friendly zone.
- The playground is wheelchair accessible with equipment suitable for children with disabilities including a wheelchair accessible trampoline.
- The new Dunboyne Playground is the result of multiple years of research and fundraising led by Dunboyne Playspace Forum in partnership with Meath County Council, Meta and local businesses.
ILLINOIS – UNITED STATES
DeKalb Data Center
In November 2023, Meta announced its support for the Northern Illinois University (NIU) Barb City STEAM Studio, a new, year-round initiative to increase the number of underrepresented students in in-demand tech fields. Hosted directly on the NIU campus, the program partners with DeKalb High School students to encourage exploration of careers ranging from engineering to computer and health sciences. This workforce development partnership is one of the many ways Meta is investing in the long-term vitality of DeKalb County.
- This program will address the gap of underrepresented populations in STEM careers.
- This program is an expansion to NIU’s Barb City STEAM Team middle school programming. Middle school students who have gone through the program have reported better attendance and an increase in meeting math state standards.
Be Pro, Be Proud
In 2023, Meta took great pride in partnering with Be Proud Be Proud to bring skilled trade workforce hands-on learning to our data center communities. Be Proud Be Proud, whose mission is to foster a new era of pride, progress, and professionalism in North America’s skilled trade workforce, supports the deployment of mobile workshops that leverage the power of virtual reality (VR) and connectivity to provide young people with a firsthand exploration of skilled trade careers and opportunities available within their respective regions. This initiative reflects our commitment to support our data center communities with potential career paths in the skilled trades workforce.
- Within our data center regions of North Carolina, New Mexico, Tennessee, and Illinois, we have actively sponsored programs aimed at introducing over 6,500 students to hands-on skilled trades workforce development experiences in 2023. We look forward to furthering this partnership to include Texas in 2024.
- The Be Pro Be Proud mobile workshops are a collaborative effort between industry leaders, educators, and state leaders to inspire and develop the next generation workforce.
Tennessee – United states
Gallatin Data Center
Since 2020, Meta has partnered with Nashville-based Silicon Ranch on five new solar projects in Tennessee to support our Gallatin Data Center with 100% renewable energy.
- Silicon Ranch will fund, build, own, operate, and maintain the solar facilities over the life of each of the five projects, and is committed to invest more than $375 million across five Tennessee communities where the projects are located.
- These Meta-supported projects are adding 230 MW of new renewable energy in Tennessee.