Meta is proud to be part of communities across the globe
We’re committed to playing a positive role and investing in the long-term vitality of the communities in which we operate.
ILLINOIS – UNITED STATES
DeKalb Data Center
In November 2023, Meta announced its support for the Northern Illinois University (NIU) Barb City STEAM Studio, a new, year-round initiative to increase the number of underrepresented students in in-demand tech fields. Hosted directly on the NIU campus, the program partners with DeKalb High School students to encourage exploration of careers ranging from engineering to computer and health sciences. This workforce development partnership is one of the many ways Meta is investing in the long-term vitality of DeKalb County.
- This program will address the gap of underrepresented populations in STEM careers.
- This program is an expansion to NIU’s Barb City STEAM Team middle school programming. Middle school students who have gone through the program have reported better attendance and an increase in meeting math state standards.
georgia – united states
Stanton Springs Data Center
In March 2022, Meta announced a partnership with the Junior Achievement of Georgia to provide an interactive storefront that looks and feels like a Meta data center and allows students from all over the state to unleash their creativity and promote workforce development. Meta is proud to support Junior Achievement of Georgia’s commitment to developing an interactive simulation center that provides hands-on learning experiences and exposure to future opportunities for youth in Georgia.
- 30,000 students have visited the space and had the opportunity to test out future careers.
- At Junior Achievement of Georgia students experience what it’s like to be a CEO, CFO, or Marketing Specialist for the day. In these roles they learn anything from teamwork to balancing a budget.
New mexico – united states
Los Lunas Data Center
Founded in 2015, Teeniors connects tech-savvy teens and young adults with older people across New Mexico looking to learn more about technology through one-on-one coaching. Funds received through the Data Center Community Action Grants will support older adults with intergenerational learning opportunities, decrease social isolation through genuine human connection and create paid part-time jobs for youth.
- Teeniors has tutored over 5,000 older adults in New Mexico and beyond.
- Teeniors tutors help seniors better understand how to use their phone, computer, or anything online through in-person and virtual coaching.
MEATH – ireland
Clonee Data Centre
The Meath Women’s Refuge & Support Services is a comprehensive domestic violence service for women in the Meath area. Funds received through the Data Centre Community Action Grants provided additional support to women experiencing domestic violence in Meath through a new web chat function, online and in-person counselling programmes, multi-language support and transformative digital infrastructure for the service.
- An innovative social media campaign to raise awareness of domestic violence among younger women has reached over 50,000 women in Meath, driving a 30% increase in visits to the service’s website.
- Meta and Meath Women’s Refuge & Support Services have partnered for 5 years.